Spring is right around the corner, so you may be thinking about listing your home for sale. A lot of work goes in the preparation of this, so here are eight ways to prep your home for listing!
- Improve your landscaping — mow your lawn, prune your bushes, pick weeds, plant flowers
- Clean the outside — clean out your gutters, pressure wash your house
- Make repairs — fix a leaky roof, and other random projects you haven’t gotten around to
- Paint — if you need to paint your home, now is the time to do it. Neutral tones are preferred. You can also just give the front door a fresh color!Paint any bold rooms, like a purple bedroom to neutral colors (grays and whites and in right now.)
- Small touches – such as a brand new welcome mat or polishing your house number can go a long way
- Minimalize — get rid of clutter. This is one of the biggest complains from buyers when looking at a home. Depersonalize by removing monogram signs, family photos, kids’ artwork on the fridge, etc.
- Organize your drawers and closets. Buyers will look through everything! And don’t simply shove junk into closets — consider renting a temporary storage space if you have no more room.
- Deodorize – Get rid of bad smells (new carpets are a great place to start). Figure out a better place for kitty litter if that is the cause of the smell in the whole house.