When you’re house is on the market, there’s a lot to remember to keep your house “show-ready.” Here are five tips for a great home showing:
- Keep your blinds open unless there is an unsightly view outside such as a dilapidated fence.
- Leave a bowl of wrapped candy or treats near the door with a note thanking the buyer for coming to see your home.
- Switch your bath towels to new ones. Bathrooms (especially small ones) look bigger without rugs.
- If you have something of value like an antique chandelier that you are leaving with the house, put a note on it that gives the details of the item.
- Store tablecloths and dish towels to accentuate a kitchen’s appliances. Your kitchen will look bigger if your eye does not stop at the dish towel on the oven, dishwasher, and sink.