Most people think of spring and summer as the best time to buy, but don’t rule fall out! Here are the six best things about buying a home in the fall!
- There is less competition. With less competitive buyers out there, it’s your chance to quickly snatch up the inventory!
- Sellers are worn out, so you are in a great position to negotiate. Since a lot of these homes were listed in the spring/summer and didn’t sell, the owners may lower their price.
- Sellers are serious. Not all homes on the market are summer leftovers. They may be trying to buy or move before the holidays and the end of the year.
- The tax breaks. Property tax and mortgage interest are both deductions you can take for your whole year’s worth of income. This can make a serious difference in the amount you owe the government at the end of the year.
- You’re in the spotlight. Real estate agents will have more time for you, both for paperwork (writing quick offers) and showings. Mortgage lenders, title companies, and moving companies will also respond quickly with your needs.
- Great deals on appliances. If you want to upgrade your appliances in your new home, the best deals are at the end of the year. Between Black Friday and Christmas sales, you will probably get a steal on a new fridge, washer, dryer, etc.