More About This Community
Smyrna is located about 10 miles northwest of Atlanta, Georgia and is considered an integral part of the Metro Atlanta area. Known as the “Jonquil City,” it derives this name from the thousands of jonquils that flourish in gardens and along the streets in early spring.
Over the years, the City of Smyrna – covering approximately 15 sq. miles – has developed into a vital and active member of the regional landscape.
- Just a 15-minute drive from downtown Atlanta, yet free of the congestion
- Revitalized and active downtown area includes a library, community center, retail development and mixed-use development, city hall and charming homes
- Charming neighborhoods with a vast array of amenities for residents and businesses
- Parks, jogging trails, pools, lighted tennis courts, public golf courses and much more
- Day camps, sports and recreational activities for children to seniors
- Summer concerts and family events downtown
- Winner of the prestigious Urban Land Institute’s Award of Excellence
With visionary leadership and strong community spirit, Smyrna has become one of the most popular places to reside in the metro-Atlanta area. The “small town” atmosphere offered aligns with a progressive approach to city government in Smyrna is the type of lifestyle many seek when deciding where to raise their families.
Another important attribute of Smyrna is its location in relationship to major transportation modes. Being a citizen of Smyrna means having ready access to several different methods of conveyance. The City is strategically located near three interstate and intrastate highway systems: I-75, I-20, and I-285. Downtown Atlanta is a 15-minute drive via the interstate and Atlanta’s Hartsfield International Airport is only a 30-minute drive away. In addition, several principal arterial roadways, such as Cobb Parkway (U.S. Highway 41), Atlanta Road and South Cobb Drive (State Highway 280), pass through the municipality. Smyrna will also benefit from the route (and recently completed section) of the East-West Connector road extension through Cobb County. The Cobb Community Transit (CCT) bus system provides public transportation for our residents with links to the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) rapid-rail network. There are also two major railways that service Smyrna and four airports can be found within an 18-mile radius of the City.
All information provided by smyrnacity.com
Neighborhoods in Smyrna: