- Population: 101,908 (2014 US Census)
- Economy: The largest employers within Sandy Springs are hospitals, headquarters and regional offices from a variety of industries including computer related services, package delivery, telecommunications, media, financial transaction processing and more.
- Area Type: Suburb of Atlanta
- Culture: You can enjoy the big city one moment and the warm hospitality of the hundreds of independently-owned restaurants and shops the next.
- School District: Fulton County
- Known for: Home of Perimeter Mall, an upscale shopping experience, and home to three different hospitals
More About This Community
Surrounded by more than 950 acres of parks and natural areas, Sandy Springs is just outside the perimeter on the northern side of Atlanta. Once a rural village and summer retreat, the city became incorporated in 2005. With 39 square miles, Sandy Springs is now the sixth largest city in the state and second largest city in the metropolitan Atlanta area.
Sandy Springs offers several attractions, including:
- Perimeter Mall
- Anne Frank Museum
- Morgan Falls Overlook Park
- Chattahoochee River