- Population: 14,411 (2013 US Census)
- Economy: Located just minutes outside of Atlanta, Powder Springs has several shops and restaurants.
- Area Type: Suburb of Atlanta
- Culture: Family-friendly, annual festivals, access to Silver Comet Trail
- School District: Cobb County
- Known for: The seven springs within the city limits
More About This Community
Powder Springs, just 22 miles northwest of Atlanta, is a well-positioned town in the southeast with convenient access to Metro Atlanta. The name derives from the seven springs within the city limits. Its mild climate, rich soil and inviting springs offer health and recreation.
Powder Springs boasts:
- an excellent school system
- high quality parks, trails, and recreational facilities
- a senior center
- a historic downtown
- annual community events
- direct access to the popular Silver Comet Trail