- Population: 56,579 (2010 US Census)
- Economy: Dobbins Air Reserve Base and Lockheed Martin manufacturing plant both reside in Marietta and employ many of the local residents.
- Area Type: Suburb of Atlanta
- Culture: Family friendly; Annual festivals; Great shopping & dining
- School District: Marietta Proper- Marietta City Schools; Outside of Marietta proper - Cobb County School District
- Known for: Its beautiful Marietta Square, historical sites, affordable home prices, excellent shopping and restaurant options
More About This Community
Marietta is a gorgeous city located in Cobb County, Northwest of the city of Atlanta. It boasts of six historic districts (some on the National Register of Historical Places) along with a vibrant town square that plays host to a weekly farmers’ market, festivals, and many other cultural events. Marietta has an abundance of choices for restaurants and shopping.
A wide range of homes from historic to contemporary, are available at an expansive price range. Marietta is convenient to I-75, Kennesaw, and Smyrna, Ga.