- Population: 29,783 (2010 US Census)
- Economy: Home of Kennesaw State University, corporations, and annual festivals such as The Big Shanty which draws more than 60,000 people.
- Area Type: Suburb of Atlanta
- Culture: Low taxes, great home prices, low crime and the family friendly atmosphere are a big draw for Kennesaw
- School District: Cobb County
- Known for: Its historical sites such as Kennesaw Mountain and the Civil War battle grounds
More About This Community
Kennesaw was founded in 1887 and has a past surrounded with railroad history. During the Civil War, Kennesaw was the staging ground for the Great Locomotive Chase on April 12, 1862. In 2007 Family Circle magazine selected the city as one of the nation’s “10 Best Towns For Families.”
Kennesaw is located in northwestern Cobb County and borders the city of Acworth. Kennesaw Mountain resides within the city and offers 18 miles of nature trails and historic Civil War battle sites. Additionally, it’s home to Kennesaw State University which enrolls more than 24,000 students.
Its low crime rate (85% below the national average), home prices, low taxes and family friendly culture are what make Kennesaw an appealing home for many.