- Population: 12,629 (2014 Census)
- Economy: Schools such as Paulding County School System, Chattahoochee Technical College, Kennesaw State University local campus
- Area Type: Suburban, family-oriented
- Culture: Family-focused with lots of parks and shops
- School District: Paulding County
- Known for: Pickett's Mill Battlefield from the Civil War
More About This Community
Dallas is located west of Atlanta in the heart of Paulding County. It was named for George M. Dallas, Vice President of the United States of America under James K. Polk.
There are several parks in Dallas, including Sara Babb Park. The park is a hub of recreational activity, including four lighted tennis courts, two baseball/softball fields, two volleyball courts, a swimming pool and bike trails.
Coleman Camp Park is another park in the area that offers plenty of walking trails, outdoor grills, and picnic tables.
Dallas is home to several Civil War Historical sites, including the Pickett’s Mill Battlefield.