- Population: 78,676 (2010 census)
- Economy: Home to more than 1,400 retail shops, businesses of all sizes, and home of Atlanta's Diplomatic Missions which includes consulates from several countries
- Area Type: Urban with large neighborhoods offering single-family homes
- Culture: Home of hundreds of restaurants, retail shops, festivals, and entertainment
- School District: Atlanta Public Schools; several private schools such as Lovett, Pace, and Westminster
- Known for: Wealthy area of Atlanta; beautiful single-family homes in sprawling neighborhoods; home of excellent retail and corporate companies
More About This Community
Buckhead is the affluent uptown district of Atlanta and is made up of approximately the northern fifth of the city. This urbanized area is a major commercial and financial center of the Southeast. Buckhead has 43 neighborhoods, all of which are located on Atlanta’s north side. These neighborhoods are made up of single-family homes and situated amongst dense forests and rolling hills.
Buckhead has been known as a district of extreme wealth since the 1950s. In 2011, it was named the 2nd wealthiest zip code (30327) in the South by The Gadberry Group. The Rob Report magazine has consistently ranked Buckhead as one of the nation’s “10 Top Affluent Communities” due to “the most beautiful mansions, best shoping, and finest restaurants in the Southeastern United States.”
Buckhead has more than 1,400 retail units. It is also a center for healthcare, and is home two large hospitals; the Shepherd Center and Piedmont Hospital.