- Population: 20,425 (2010 Census)
- Economy: With it being one of the prime shopping areas in Cobb, there are lots of big box stores in Acworth, as well as many restaurants. Lake Allatoona is used for fishing, boating, water skiing, camping, and hiking.
- Area Type: Suburban with lots of neighborhoods
- Culture: Family-oriented with big box stores
- School District: Cobb County
- Known for: Being the "Lake City" because its home to Lake Allatoona and Lake Acworth
More About This Community
Known as the Lake City because it’s the home of Lake Allatoona and Lake Acworth, Acworth is a family-oriented suburban city 35 miles northwest of Atlanta. It has tons of big box stores and lots of chain restaurants.
The downtown sits next to the railroad tracks, and boasts the famous Henry’s Louisiana Grill. This road is Main Street, and it is known as the “Old 41” because it used to be the intersection of Highway 92 and Highway 41.
The Cobblestone Golf Course in the city was recently rated the #1 public course in Georgia by Golf Digest.