Let’s face it — the way you decorate your house for showings makes a huge difference for potential buyers. Here are a few design tips to make a picture perfect home:
- Fake the height of a room by incorporating low furniture. Using lower profile furniture with fewer horizontal elements (arm rests, for example) will accentuate the distance between the furniture and the ceiling.
- To make a room appear bigger, paint it the same color as the adjacent room.
- Warm up a room with mirrors. Use a large mirror and make sure it’s at least 3/4 of the wall length. Another trick is to place a mirror facing a window to make it look like there are more windows.
- Reposition sofas/chairs into cozy conversational groups to make the house feel welcome for guests.
- Increase wattage of lamps and fixtures (total of 10 watts for each 50 ft) to brighten your home.